COVID-19 Information Marina
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you will see this during your visits to our office. Our infection control guidelines are followed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. These guidelines are intended to lower the risk of coronavirus transmission during the current pandemic. We have always complied with strict protocols to maintain a highly sterile environment in our dental office. The safety of our patients and staff is our utmost priority.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it’s time for your next appointment. For example:
- Masks or face covering are mandated, unless during your time of treatment.
- You may be asked to wait in your car in order to limit the number of people in the waiting room.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will be taking all patient’s and employee’s temperature upon entering the office.
- Patients with temperature >100.4 F will be rescheduled.
- Each patient will be asked to complete a Covid-19 Screening form.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering the office. You will find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Please do not bring anyone else to your appointment, unless you are a minor or require assistance.
- Do not wear gloves from outside into our office to prevent cross contamination of germs.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We sincerely value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.